Are you ready to raise the level of refinement of your home? If so, a decorative, framed oil painting may be just what your home needs. Regardless of your style preference, an oil painting can give your room an essential decorating element.
Customizing art for your home isn’t as hard. At Robertson Gallery & Antiques, we’re outlining these six steps to help you have confidence in your purchase.
- Know the size you need for your space. We offer a variety of oil painting sizes from 8×10 to 36×48. Do you want a vertical or horizontal painting? Keep in mind that the frame will add to the overall size.
- Browse our large selection of oil paintings. Look for your room’s colors and theme. Will the art work be a focal point or something to blend and layer in your room?
- Discuss your frame ideas. New or antique? Modern or formal? Gold or silver or wood? Wood or composition? Dark or light? Keep in mind the hanging location. How will the area be lit?
- Choose a frame that compliments the style and color of your oil painting choice. We’ll show you several frames to match your ideas. We’ll offer advice, based on 40 years in the business.
- Once your choice has been made, we’ll professionally finish your artwork by stretching it with stretcher bars and place it into the frame.
- Hang your oil painting with the correct size of hooks, which we will provide to you at no cost.
Notice that we haven’t discussed mat board or glass. That’s because oil paintings on canvas do not need this type of protection.